girls

girls

Thursday, July 1, 2010

What's your gig?

Definition of gig: noun, A job, especially a booking for musicians.

I LOVE THIS WORD!!!

I say it all the time. Really, that's just my gig. See, I just said it right there. I am not sure why I started using this word, but I do that. I'll use a word or phrase for a while and then retire it. Like "preaching to the choir", that was my gig for a while.

My gig right now is...well, of course, Summer Rose (see previous post). Summer Rose does love listening to the crickets while sitting on the deck drinking a nice cold beverage. My everyday gig is rambling on and on (as you might have noticed), but I make myself laugh, and that's all that counts, really, it is. My gig this week was not so much fun, what with my Josey Wales going to Heaven. Our gig on Saturday is the funeral for JoJo.

Beebs' gig tonight is a sleepover and wanting her sister to be as far away from her as possible, so thank the Good Lord that...

Annie's gig is "Annie's lights are out..." (see previous post and yes, we love it when the wild kid falls out) Praise the Good Lord!

Daddy's gig, as usual, is cooking me some good dinner! Tonight, it is I-talian (southern pronunciation) sausage with some yummy sauteed veggies!!! Daddy is the best cook and absolutely the BEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD!

My 4th of July gig is making a flag cake (not as fancy as TDC's pink, aqua and white cake, click on my handy dandy Thrifty Decor Chick button to see her post about that cake, which is hilarious), but just a regular old cake (from the box, of course), with cool whip icing, strawberries and blueberries as the stars and stripes. I make it almost every 4th, so that must be my 4th gig!

Nahnie's gig (that's my sis) is listening to a band that's having a gig at a sweet little place downtown. She needs to go to bed!!!

Mama and Papa's gig is, hopefully, going to see the Jimmy Buffet tribute to the GULF concert in Gulf Shores.

Everyone's gig right now should be, SAVING THE GULF! The Good Lord knows that BP ain't doin' nothin' about it, so let's everybody go on vacation and clean up what we can while we're there!

So, what's your gig? Let me know...

(BTW, I love a "dot, dot, dot"...have you figured that out yet?)

No comments:

Post a Comment