girls

girls

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Transition

Transition
part of speech: noun
definition: change, often major
Synonyms:  alteration, changeover, conversion, development, evolution, flux, growth, metamorphosis, passage, progression, shift, transformation, transit, turning point, upheaval

So, 40 has seen lots of transition for me...I don't do change well...I tend to overeat...and not good stuff like apples and salads.  No, I go for the white powdered sugar doughnuts!  My friend Susie says, "I think I am back up to my full term pregnant weight...I just need to give birth!"  Right there with you friend!

Anyway, I have made a decision to have a "CALM FALL".  Maybe that will make the transition from Summer Self to Fall Self much easier, even though Summer Self ain't on top of her game right now!  We are taking a year off from dance!  We are not going back to Girl Scouts!  We will be all things sports this Fall...Annie is already enrolled in soccer, and the Beebs will be going back to her true sports love of basketball in the Winter.  Of course Daddy is ready for them to take some sort of music lesson, but I'm just trying to figure out how they will get home from school.  Yes, I said they...my Annie starts Kindergarten this Fall.  She's pumped and I am too, kinda, maybe a little sad...she is my baby after all.  Okay, I'm tearing up...

My current transition is that of our Pastor and his wife leaving our little church to move to a new church and a house on the beach...kinda makes me want to go to Seminary.  Ha. Ha. Ha.  I'll leave that to the professionals!  Their last Sunday with us was this past one, and it was emotional for a big ole' crybaby like me.  Daddy was sweet to hold my hand all the way through though.  We said our goodbyes, which of course are not forever goodbyes and sent them on their way with a love offering and a book of notes and pictures from the congregation.  That is, minus notes from my family because I lost the paper we were to use and then didn't get them turned in on time.  I ROCK at being organized.  I would love to have everything in its place and a place for everything, but my children hinder that greatly!!!  Anyway, Pat baptized both of my children, gave fantastic sermons and is a very laid back, sweet and kind man.  In his sermon from Ash Wednesday 2010 (I think it was 2010), he said these words, "Fast from anger and feast on optimism.  Fast from self concern and feast on compassion for others." 

Fabulous words to live by!  So fabulous that I have them taped to my computer screen at work.  His sermons always found a way to speak directly to me.  And his wife, a precious friend who is a strong and admirable lady!  She's not afraid to speak her mind and she truly is my precious friend.  As I was thinking about this transition earlier this week, I realized that when you are 14 years old and your Youth Director leaves and you think that nothing will ever be okay again, it's a lot different when you are 40 and your pastor leaves.  When you are 40, you have been through a couple of changes and you know all will be well again.  So, maybe I'm a little okay with change since I can see a bright side to it.  Anyway, here's to my dear friends, Pat and Marcia...you have been a wonderful part of our lives and we will miss you greatly!  (Okay, I made myself cry again).  And please, consider this the Chapman note that didn't make it into the book.

Here's a little update on what we've been talking about...

Beebs:  "I didn't know the Target stayed up that late!"

Annie:  "NO!"

Annie:  "Uh oh, it looks like Strawberry Shortcake got a sharkbite..." (that's a whole other post though)

Beebs:  "I don't want to wash my hair, I washed it a couple of days ago..." (that's the stinch I smell)

Annie:  "NO!" (Annie's been telling me NO alot lately, which is why she is grounded from Mermaid Barbie until tomorrow - I love the POWER, insert evil laugh)

Stay tuned for my latest project and be on the lookout for the "Shark Bite Barbie" post!  It will even have pictures!

Heart your everchanging always the same Chapman, me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment