girls

girls

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Well, that's it! It's all big teeth and bad attitudes now...


Yep, you guessed it!  My baby started Kindergarten.

Let me back up a bit though.  This is my SHY SHY SHY baby.  Which is weird, because neither Daddy nor me nor Beebs is shy in the least.  Anyway, we went to meet the teacher the week before school started and she not only held on to my leg the entire time, she hid behind it as well.  And, her classroom is not with the other K classrooms.  Needless to say, I was a basket case for the rest of the day.  And, I had to to to work!  I fretted and cried and worried over my baby all day.  Then I came home.  They were staying with my sister.  She met me in the garage and stopped me before I got out of the car...something that has never happened.  She then informed me that Annie had 1. cleaned up her room without being asked, 2. made up her bed without being asked and 3. well, I can't remember the third one because I was in shock and must not have heard her.  This child doesn't do anything without being asked and when you do ask all she does is whine!!!  It occurred to me then that she was, in fact, ready for big school because those things are only done by big girls.  So, now I just had to get through dropping her off on the first day... 

On the first day, my Annie got HERSELF out of bed.  She has NEVER gotten herself out of bed.  I have to carry these people to the kitchen and sit them at the table each and every day.  Needless to say, I was, again, shocked. She got herself dressed after being asked only one time.  This never happens!  Certainly not in my house and I'd be willing to bet it doesn't happen in yours either.  If it does, you are either a liar or an alien.  So, we set off walking to school, the three of us, Beebs, Annie and me, since our tradition is to walk to school on the first day.  I was fine.  I had been through my basket case phase the week before.  No problem.  Except, Beebs kept asking if I was going to be okay.  I finally had to tell her to stop asking me!  She was getting me all worked up.  We made it to school.  

We stopped and took a picture before my baby walked through those huge double doors...


She walked in right behind her big sister and I walked away.  I made it all the way to the end of the sidewalk and then I sobbed.  My babies are big now.  They have lost teeth...and now they have the big teeth coming in.  I guess I'll blink and they'll be teenagers with bad attitudes!  Dammit...I'm sorry mom for being such a bitchy teenager and I love you with all my heart! 

1 comment:

  1. Super cute pictures! And I have a teenager..... I'm sobbing all the time.

    ReplyDelete