girls

girls

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Only from the minds and "moufs" of children!

We are really on Jesus these days. What with the "Jesus wants you to share", "I no like Jesus", "Sissy, Jesus wants you share with me"... Our church routine is back in full swing (I know it shouldn't have slowed over the summer!). Anyway, Beebs asked me this afternoon what Jesus' last name is. Well, it's Christ, right? "Then, what is his middle name?", she wondered. Um, I replied, "Well, Jesus is God's son and I think they really just have one name each, except for the Holy Spirit." Which could have opened a whole new can of worms, but she decided, "Maybe I should just ask Mr. Pat (our pastor)." What a great idea! Ask Mr. Pat, he will know the answer!" How in the world do kids come up with some of the questions they ask?!?!

On to tornadoes. While getting ready for church this morning, Daddy and the girls were watching The Weather Channel to do a little research on the hurricanes that are forming. You know, Ana (big shocker), Bill and Claudette. You know they named the "A" hurricane after our precious little angel! Anyway, Daddy is reciting the hurricane forecast to me and all the girls hear is BAD WEATHER. Now, I know I haven't mentioned this before (or maybe I have), but part of our nightly routine before bedtime is a list of questions. A couple of the questions were contributed by our neighbor, Little N from The Solomon Story blog. Here goes and keep in mind that this is like a racquetball game, Beebs and Annie throwing out the questions and Daddy and I bouncing back the answers!

"No tornadoes tonight?"
"No!"
"No storms?"
"No!"
"No wind?"
"No rain?" (I think there is a song forming.)
"No mean cats?" (The mean cat across the street tries to terrorize June Kitty Cash, or the Killer as we like to call her. See "Mommy I found a Possum" post.)
"No witches?" (Too much Scooby Doo!)
"No falling off the swing?" (Little N)
"No falling off the seesaw?" (A new take on Little N's nightly questions.)
"No falling off the slide?" (Again, a new take on Little N.)
By this time, they are giggling, because they know we don't have a swing set with a slide, swing or seesaw! It's just a little parent torture.

But, I digress. Back to the hurricane forecast. (The previous questions do relate to how this conversation started, though.) So, Daddy is giving me the hurricane forecast and Beebs says, "Daddy, there is going to be a tornado?!?!?", using all the Drama Queen she can muster, which doesn't take much! Daddy replies, "Tornado did not come out of my mouth!" And Annie says, "Daddy, tornadoes don't come out of our moufs, do dey?" "No, Annie, tornadoes don't come out of our mouths!", Daddy replies while picking himself up off the floor!

Only from the minds and "moufs" of children!

No comments:

Post a Comment